Monday, June 11, 2007

Sparkley Goodness + 3rd Silk/Merino Skein

I am seriously obsessed with plying with thread. So quick, Yet so BEAUTIFUL!!!! Here's what I made tonight- blueish purple sheep shed studio superwash- plied with shiny metalic thread- YUMMY!




I also made another one of those delicious silk/merino skeins that I have been working on with the plans of knitting or crocheting a shrug. I think after I make one more skein I will get started. I am really leaning toward the two tone shrug from fitted knits- expect with all the same color. Hmmmm....

I really need to force my boyfriend to take a picture of me wearing my finished crystal lace bolero. I wore it to a party on friday and this girl came up to me and said "I love your shirt! I have been looking at it all night thinking about how cool it is". She didn't even know I made it! I was really happy :)

2 comments:

~*~Anna~*~ said...

Beautiful! Great spinning!
I just got into spinning myself. However, I don't have a spinning wheel, just a drop spindle.

Lori H said...

Great idea -- plying with thread. Very sparkly and pretty.