Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Excitement

It's 12:18 am and I cannot get to sleep. I am so excited for tomorrow morning! I am getting my first spinning wheel tomorrow. It's an Ashford Traveller- complete with double treadles and built in lazy kate! She is so beautiful.

I can't wait to start experimenting with it! I enjoy spinning on a drop spindle but I feel like I will be able to be much more creative with the wheel. I am also going to buy some acid dyes from the fiber shop and dye up some of the massive pile of roving in my craft room. I got a book today called _Color In Spinning_ and it is amazing. I am going to learn so much from it. I also got a book called _Fitted Knits_ by Stefanie of Glampyre Knits. It is really cool. I want to make several things in it. I will review both of the books I mentioned when I have more time. Tonight I really need to try to get some sleep. I have a long day of assembling and spinning ahead of me.

Some singles spun on my top whorl drop spindle <3




No comments: